Everest Base Camp – Gokyo – Thame – Private Photography Trek – March 2013
Come join me for a once in a life time trek through the world’s highest mountains. Incredible scenery, amazing culture, and an incredible photographic opportunity. I am looking for approximately 5 fellow adventurous photographers to join me on this 22 day trek to Everest Base Camp starting in Kathmandu on March 23rd 2013.
There is a Facebook event for this here.
I have arranged for a private guided trek, as per the details below, with Makalu Adventures in Kathmandu. They come highly recommended and already work with other photographers to arrange photography specific itineraries which maximize the opportunities to capture the best photos.
I am not charging any fees for my coordination. Each person will be responsible for their own booking of the trek, airfares, insurance and any extra accommodation. I will not be handling any money. I will be coordinating the bookings, and liaising with the guiding company and will assist with all bookings to ensure the group is coordinated.
This is not a workshop or guided photography adventure as such, however I am always willing to share my knowledge and experience. I have traveled extensively and have spent some time in the mountains and at altitude including trips to Antarctica and Mt McKinley and have been taking photographs for over 20 years now. This trip is not technically difficult so no prior mountaineering experience is necessary however a reasonable level of fitness is advised to make it more enjoyable.
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu transfer to hotel.
Day 02 : Kathmandu to Lukla (2840m) Flight distance 35 min. and Trek to Phakding.
DAy 03 : Phakding to Namche (3440m.)
Day 04 : An acclimatization day.
Day 05 : Namche to Tengboche (3867m)
Day 06 : Tengboche to Pangboche (4252m)
Day 07 : Pangboche to dingboche (4350m)
Day 08 : Dingboche to chhukung (4730m)
Day 09 : Rest and hike to chhukung RI (5,551m.)
Day 10 : Chhukung to khongmala pass (5535m) & lobuche (4910m)
Day 11 : Lobuche to gorakshep hike (5140m.)
Day 12 : Gorakshep to Everest base camp (5364m.)
Day 13 : Everest base camp to kalopatthar & trek to zhongla (4830m.)
Day 14 : Zhongla to cholapass & thagnag (5330m)
Day 15 : Thagnag to gokyo (4790m)
Day 16 : Gokyo rest & hike to gokyo RI (5360m)
Day 17 : Spare Photography Day
Day 18 : Gokyo to renjola Pass (5340m) & lungdingma (4810m.)
Day 19 : Lungdingma to Thame (3493m)
Day 20 : Thame to Manjo
Day 21 : Manjo to Lukla .
Day 22 : Lukla to Katmandu Flight distance 35 minutes
US$1575 per person – teahouse trek (staying in lodges)
Single Room Supplement: USD 225 (only if taken)
01. Airport pickup / drop, and all other transfers by private vehicle.
02. Hotel Thamel Eco Resort in Kathmandu (twin sharing, including breakfast).
03. Airfare: Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu (including insurance and tax surcharges).
04. Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park Entrance Fees.
05. TIMS Certificate
06. Breakfast, lunch and dinner on trek.
07. Experienced guide and porters as necessary on the trek.
08. Daily wages, clothes and insurance of guide and porters.
09. Same hotel in Kathmandu after the trek.
- Welcome dinner with live Nepali cultural program at one evening.
- High quality waterproof Duffel bag for trek
01. Personal expenses like bottled drinks, bar bill, laundry, telephone and etc.
02. Travel insurance and medical expenses.
03. Helicopter rescue evacuation costs – if needed (we provide only administration service).
04. Meals (lunch / dinner) while staying at hotel in Kathmandu (our offer includes only breakfast).
05. Delays, and extra services, because of natural events like landslides etc.
Airfares with Singapore Airlines are approximately AUD1200-1500 ex. Melb, Bris, Syd
Miscellaneous estimated at AU$500
Total approximate trip cost all inclusive AU$3200-3500/person twin share
Please contact me if you’re interested. I am booked and the training has started!!